UK’s current clothing & textiles manufacturing position – £21 billion net – £37 billion gross and £1.5 billion worth of clothing and accessories manufactured in the UK /2010 Figures. Essential to our economy and essential to all of us everyday. The Fashion Trust – Sussex Fashion Awards - is a charity and it’s simply disappointing to find @FashionSussex twitter feed hacked. Many homegrown fashion professionals are donating their time to help other young people across Sussex achieve higher status. You may not like fashion but there’s millions of people that do. We’d appreciate the service restored. www.twitter.com/FashionSussex
The Made By Campaign – Made By Britain – Made By Sussex – Made By Brighton & Hove. With an anticipated change in tourist profile across Sussex during the Olympic buildup starting with The Torch Relay landing in Britain 18 May 2012, and continuing over the summer months, businesses were being urged during Autumn 2011, and continually, to consider their domestic marketing strategies and buy British manufactured products to retail, wherever possible, for tourists visiting the UK and regionally across Sussex, to take home with them souvenirs and mementos made from the region.
Summer 2011, Julius Arthur Quinn, a post-graduate designer from Brighton University, nominated in the MP’s ‘Made By Britain’ Hove & Portslade entry, designed a portfolio of Olympic inspired designs for fashions for the UK, Sussex and Brighton & Hove on behalf of The Sussex Fashion Trust. Designs were versatile and translated into graphics which could be used for various business 2012 promotional projects highlighting the diversity of designs and of course, promoting the various regional products on offer. Read more > ‘Made By’ project
The heavyweight retail experts are starting to pile in with their sector’s overview of what can be done to regenerate business across UK high streets including Justin King, boss of Sainsburys, reported to be highlighting the need for schooling to be integrated into high streets, along with Harold Tillman, boss of Jaeger & Aquascutum, Chair of British Fashion Council and London Fashion Week, whose talking a relaxation of visas for Chinese visitors to the UK, highlighting the enormous growth by this sector and the value of their three times spend compared to other overseas tourists. With a bumper year of mega events – The Torch Relay across the UK, The Queens Diamond Jubilee celebrations and London 2012 – the debate appears to be starting on how sectors view development of the famous British High Street.
Previous news >
BBC Dragons’ Den are back.
If you have a great idea or invention and looking for cash then make space in your diary – 23 February 2012 – 11 am to 4 pm at The Holiday Inn Seafront Brighton. Businesss Admission FREE. Read more > Brighton & Hove Business Days Event
Are you a fashion related business that would like to win one of the twelve coveted Sussex Fashion Awards 2012 this year?
Only one nomination is required online, but is your business ready to be judged by professionals?
- Is your business website looking fantastic and with up-to-the-minute copy and designs?
- Does your business have full contacts available online?
- Is your business engaging with its customers by using social media fully?
- Has your business a marketing plan and schedule for 2012?
- Has your business media coverage planned and already achieved?
- Has your business customer testimonials about your services on your website?
- Has your business organised any events for your customers?
- So whats new about your business for judges to look at online?
Just some of the many aspects judges will be glancing over after 8 April 2012 when the nominations close and judging commences. Start making your business plans now to win one of the 12 coverted awards.
More wonderful fashion creations from Sussex designers including this stunning bridal shoot by fashion photographer, Eastbourne based, Luke Woodford www.imbourne.com and designed by Kevin Freeman of Renaissance Creative Designs of Brighton, finalist recently in The Sussex fashion Awards 2011, featured by Vogue Italia.
All rights reserved www.fashionsussex.co.uk
We’ve added a special q&a feature about how your business can get nominated in The 2012 Sussex Fashion Awards >
Awards on offer
- Sussex Fashion Emerging Talent Award 2012
- Sussex Fashion Eco Designer Award 2012
- Sussex Fashion Outstanding Achievement Award 2012
- Sussex Fashion Designer of the Year Award 2012
- Sussex Fashion Best Place to Shop Award 2012
- Sussex Fashion Model Award 2012
- Sussex Fashion Photographer of the Year Award 2012
- Sussex Fashion Independent Retailer of the Year Award 2012
- Sussex Fashion Online Etailer of the Year Award 2012
- Sussex Fashion Ambassador Award 2012
- Sussex Fashion Childrenswear Award 2012
- Sussex Fashion Sportswear Award 2012